WEST MONROE, La. (AP) — A woman was attacked and killed by a pit bull at a pet boarding facility in Louisiana.
A spokesman for the Ouachita (WAH-shih-taw) Parish Sheriff’s Office says the incident happened about 11 p.m. Tuesday at the Happy Hounds Hotel in West Monroe. Glenn Springfield says deputies found a severely injured woman who later died from her wounds.
On Wednesday, Springfield confirmed reports by multiple news outlets identifying the victim as Laura Williams Ray, of West Monroe. Springfield says he didn’t know whether she worked for the business or if she was visiting an animal being housed there.
Happy Hounds owner Leanne Stuckey said her “heart was breaking” for Ray’s family but couldn’t comment further citing the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Ouachita Parish Animal Control has the dog. Springfield didn’t know its status.