WEST MONROE, La. (AP) — A woman was attacked and killed by a pit bull at a pet boarding facility in Louisiana.
A spokesman for the Ouachita (WAH-shih-taw) Parish Sheriff’s Office says the incident happened about 11 p.m. Tuesday at the Happy Hounds Hotel in West Monroe. Glenn Springfield says deputies found a severely injured woman who later died from her wounds.
On Wednesday, Springfield confirmed reports by multiple news outlets identifying the victim as Laura Williams Ray, of West Monroe. Springfield says he didn’t know whether she worked for the business or if she was visiting an animal being housed there.
Happy Hounds owner Leanne Stuckey said her “heart was breaking” for Ray’s family but couldn’t comment further citing the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
Ouachita Parish Animal Control has the dog. Springfield didn’t know its status.