Police in Portland say a car ran off a road and into the Columbia River on New Year's Eve. Divers recovered the body of a woman in her 40s.
Police in Portland say a car ran off a road and into the Columbia River on New Year’s Eve. Divers recovered the body of a woman in her 40s.
The car has also been removed from the river.
Sgt. Pete Simpson says investigators believe the woman was driving eastbound Wednesday evening on Marine Drive and either swerved or drifted off the road into the river, where the car ended up submerged.
She was not immediately identified. Simpson says the Oregon state medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Biden expected to nominate Blinken as secretary of state
- What was dripping down Giuliani's face? Dark streaks added to an already-odd event
- Trump tries to nullify votes in Wisconsin recount
- D.C. preparing for pandemic Inauguration Day