OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman whose personal watercraft was struck by another in Maryland has been hospitalized in critical condition.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports that 23-year-old Christine Doty of Indiana, Pennsylvania, was injured Saturday evening. Maryland Natural Resources Police spokeswoman Candy Thomson says she was driving a jet ski that collided at around 35 mph (56 kph) with another jet ski driven by 45-year-old Randhir Muddam of Houston.
Doty, Muddam and Doty’s passenger, 27-year-old Michael Barnicle, were thrown into the water before being rescued and brought to shore.
Thomson says Doty suffered neck and head injuries. She was airlifted to Christiana Hospital, where she underwent surgery.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sitting all day increases dementia risk — even if you exercise
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- How to watch tonight's second Republican presidential debate
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.
- Florida school district orders removal of all books with gay characters before slightly backing off
Both men declined treatment. Muddam was charged with negligent operation. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Thomson says both watercrafts were rentals.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/