BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say an 81-year-old woman suffered minor injuries when she crashed into a McDonald’s restaurant.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the crash occurred Monday afternoon in Boynton Beach.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says the woman lost control of her car and backed through a large, glass window. She then drove forward around the building and ran into a tree next to a retention pond.
No serious injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Deputies say the woman will be charged with careless driving.
The restaurant remained open.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com