LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A 41-year-old woman has been convicted in connection with a sex-trafficking ring that authorities said involved underage girls.
An Ingham County Circuit Court jury found Amber Speed guilty Friday of conducting a criminal enterprise.
Speed was arrested after state police found online ads for an escort operation.
Michigan’s Attorney General’s office says girls involved in the escort operation were minors when they were brought into the ring.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The Lansing State Journal reports that Speed told police in a recorded interview that she ran an escort service in the Lansing area, but denied the women who worked for her sold sex.
Speed of Munith in Jackson County is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 28.