LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A 41-year-old woman has been convicted in connection with a sex-trafficking ring that authorities said involved underage girls.
An Ingham County Circuit Court jury found Amber Speed guilty Friday of conducting a criminal enterprise.
Speed was arrested after state police found online ads for an escort operation.
Michigan’s Attorney General’s office says girls involved in the escort operation were minors when they were brought into the ring.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
- Your election guide to every 2020 presidential candidate, comparing policy positions
The Lansing State Journal reports that Speed told police in a recorded interview that she ran an escort service in the Lansing area, but denied the women who worked for her sold sex.
Speed of Munith in Jackson County is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 28.