TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman fatally shot her and her fiancé’s dog during an argument.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that 27-year-old Giselle Taylor was arrested last week and charged with animal cruelty.
Tarpon Springs police say Taylor got angry at her fiancé because he wouldn’t crack her back. An arrest report says she grabbed a 9mm handgun from the garage and loaded it.
The report says Taylor told officers she intended to scare her fiancé, but when she didn’t get the response she wanted, she pointed the gun at their 2-year-old boxer and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the dog’s upper torso, killing it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
Police say Taylor left the house but was arrested a short time later.
Taylor is free on $5,000 bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.