MATTHEWS, N.C. (AP) — A woman has been charged in a collision that killed a pedestrian pushing his bike along a road in North Carolina.
News outlets reported 21-year-old Sydney Joan Lindenmuth was arrested Wednesday and charged with driving while impaired, possession of marijuana and possession of an open container of alcohol.
Police in Matthews said 22-year-old Richard Angelo was struck around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday and died at the scene.
There was no record of an attorney for Lindenmuth.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Are allergies making you tired, or is it COVID … or something else?