LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Southern California woman has been charged with beating her boyfriend to death with canned food.
Prosecutors on Thursday filed a murder charge against 59-year-old Linda Jackson of Lake Los Angeles.
She was jailed. It’s unclear whether she had obtained an attorney.
KNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/1IS1JNB ) says Jackson is charged with striking her 59-year-old boyfriend, David Ruiz, in the head with a can of peas, a can of carrots and a can of chicken broth on Tuesday at her home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- 'The war has changed': Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
If convicted, she could face life in state prison.