ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — A woman and her boyfriend have been indicted in southeast Ohio on aggravated murder charges in the death of the woman’s 3-month-old daughter.
The Athens County Prosecutor’s Office says 23-year-old Christina Hazlett and 21-year-old Jerry Andresen, both of Athens, also face charges for allowing drug trafficking at their apartment and for injuring Ayla-Rae Hazlett prior to her death earlier this month.
Authorities say the infant died of blunt-force trauma.
Police went to an Athens apartment where the child’s grandmother lived March 12 because the baby was reportedly unresponsive. She was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
It’s unclear whether Hazlett and Andresen have attorneys.