ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — A woman and her boyfriend have been indicted in southeast Ohio on aggravated murder charges in the death of the woman’s 3-month-old daughter.
The Athens County Prosecutor’s Office says 23-year-old Christina Hazlett and 21-year-old Jerry Andresen, both of Athens, also face charges for allowing drug trafficking at their apartment and for injuring Ayla-Rae Hazlett prior to her death earlier this month.
Authorities say the infant died of blunt-force trauma.
Police went to an Athens apartment where the child’s grandmother lived March 12 because the baby was reportedly unresponsive. She was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Oregon kidnapping suspect dies of self-inflicted gunshot
It’s unclear whether Hazlett and Andresen have attorneys.