YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman and her boyfriend have been indicted for the cocaine overdose death of the woman’s 9-year-old son.
A Mahoning County grand jury on Thursday indicted 39-year-old Raenell Allen and 40-year-old Kevin Gamble.
Police say Allen’s son, Marcus Lee, died at a hospital after ingesting a large amount of cocaine at her Youngstown home on Dec. 26.
Police didn’t find any cocaine in the home. An assistant Mahoning County prosecutor told WFMJ-TV that Marcus swallowed the equivalent of 27 doses of cocaine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Court records don’t indicate whether Allen or Gamble have attorneys. They’re charged with involuntary manslaughter, corrupting another with drugs and child endangering.