COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman is urgently asking whoever broke into her Columbus home to return an urn containing the ashes of her stillborn daughter.
WSYX-TV reports Iesha Harvey says she doesn’t care whether any of the other items stolen from her home Monday are returned. She says the baby’s ashes are the most important thing to her and the “only thing I have left.”
Harvey lost the baby because of complications in 2013. Photos of the urn stored on her computer were recently lost in an accidental file dump.
Columbus police say the lack of fingerprints, witnesses or surveillance camera footage means it’s unlikely the theft will be solved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm