COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman is urgently asking whoever broke into her Columbus home to return an urn containing the ashes of her stillborn daughter.
WSYX-TV reports Iesha Harvey says she doesn’t care whether any of the other items stolen from her home Monday are returned. She says the baby’s ashes are the most important thing to her and the “only thing I have left.”
Harvey lost the baby because of complications in 2013. Photos of the urn stored on her computer were recently lost in an accidental file dump.
Columbus police say the lack of fingerprints, witnesses or surveillance camera footage means it’s unlikely the theft will be solved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Woman, 29, enrolled in high school and pretended to be a teenager
- Ski resorts can now make fake snow in 80 degrees. Here's why that's a problem
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tyre Nichols' brutal beating by police shown on video
- California shooting: 3 dead, 4 hurt in ritzy LA neighborhood