OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Texas woman is in custody in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend in Omaha, but relatives say she was acting in self-defense.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that the 30-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of criminal homicide in the death of 30-year-old Amir Bey of Houston. It wasn’t immediately clear Sunday if the woman has been formally charged. The suspect also is from Houston.
Bey was stabbed Saturday night in northwest Omaha. The suspect’s mother says she and the woman were in Omaha for a wedding. She says her daughter and Bey had been arguing prior to the stabbing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com