OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Texas woman is in custody in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend in Omaha, but relatives say she was acting in self-defense.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that the 30-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of criminal homicide in the death of 30-year-old Amir Bey of Houston. It wasn’t immediately clear Sunday if the woman has been formally charged. The suspect also is from Houston.
Bey was stabbed Saturday night in northwest Omaha. The suspect’s mother says she and the woman were in Omaha for a wedding. She says her daughter and Bey had been arguing prior to the stabbing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com