OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Texas woman is in custody in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend in Omaha, but relatives say she was acting in self-defense.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that the 30-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of criminal homicide in the death of 30-year-old Amir Bey of Houston. It wasn’t immediately clear Sunday if the woman has been formally charged. The suspect also is from Houston.
Bey was stabbed Saturday night in northwest Omaha. The suspect’s mother says she and the woman were in Omaha for a wedding. She says her daughter and Bey had been arguing prior to the stabbing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com