OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A Texas woman is in custody in the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend in Omaha, but relatives say she was acting in self-defense.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that the 30-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of criminal homicide in the death of 30-year-old Amir Bey of Houston. It wasn’t immediately clear Sunday if the woman has been formally charged. The suspect also is from Houston.
Bey was stabbed Saturday night in northwest Omaha. The suspect’s mother says she and the woman were in Omaha for a wedding. She says her daughter and Bey had been arguing prior to the stabbing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- What is 'milkshaking?' Ask the Brits hurling drinks at right-wing candidates
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com