NEW YORK (AP) — A Queens woman has been arrested on manslaughter charges in the silicone buttocks injection death of a 31-year-old woman in Manhattan.
Police say 44-year-old Allison Spence also faces charges of unauthorized practice of a profession in the July death of Latesha Bynum, of Harlem.
Bynum died after complaining of dizziness and chest pains to officers responding to a 911 call at a building in Gramercy Park.
The medical examiner said she died from complications of systemic embolization of silicone injections for cosmetic augmentation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
Bynum is to be arraigned in Manhattan on Friday. Information on her lawyer wasn’t immediately available.