SANDY, Ore. (AP) — Clackamas County deputies have arrested a woman after a man was found dead in a home near Sandy.
Sheriff’s deputy Hayden Sanders says investigators learned that the woman texted a family member to say she had shot and killed a man inside a home.
KOIN-TV reports that deputies surrounded the wooded property Saturday night. They shouted through a megaphone and tried to call to make contact with her.
The woman later texted the dispatch center to say she wanted to surrender.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
She was taken into custody. Deputies searched the home and found a man’s body.
Sanders did not immediately the names of the man and woman or their relationship to each other.