VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A Virginia woman has been convicted of manslaughter after stabbing her roommate multiple times with a screwdriver.
Local media reports that a judge found 38-year-old Nicole Foxx guilty of a voluntary manslaughter charge but not second degree murder.
Prosecutors say Foxx killed her roommate Richard Bielitz last year by stabbing him between 40 and 50 times with a screwdriver.
WAVY-TV reports that Foxx testified in court that she was acting in self-defense.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Sentencing is set for July.
Information from: WAVY-TV, http://www.wavy.com/