TOLEDO, Iowa (AP) — A former executive director of the Tama County day care has been accused of using thousands of its dollars to buy things for herself.
County court records say 46-year-old Kristine Daniel is charged with ongoing criminal conduct and money laundering. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for her. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 8.
A news release from the state auditor’s office say auditors have identified nearly $279,000 in improper and unsupported spending, undeposited collections and forgone grant revenue involved in the finances of the day care, Kids’ Corner. The audit covered December 2009 through May 31, 2016, the time period Daniel worked for Kids’ Corner.
A criminal complaint says a search of Daniel’s residence in June 2016 recovered evidence that she’d used county credit cards to buy personal items and sell some online.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Ex-staffer's unauthorized book about Jan. 6 committee rankles members