FAIRCHANCE, Pa. (AP) — A woman is facing charges in the death of her husband who authorities allege was shot as he slept in their Pennsylvania home.
State police in Fayette County allege that 49-year-old Suzann Bricker “pointed a loaded firearm at her husband who was sleeping in their bed” and killed 51-year-old Steve Bricker with one shot from the .22-caliber pistol early Saturday.
Police allege that the defendant then shot herself in the chest in the Fairchance home “causing minor injury” and drove herself to Uniontown Hospital, from which she was transferred to Allegheny General Hospital.
Police said an arrest warrant had been obtained and Bricker was awaiting arraignment on a criminal homicide charge. A message left at the family home wasn’t immediately returned Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events