NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say they are looking for a woman accused of punching a 12-year-old boy at a bus stop.
Nola.com/The Times-Picayune reports that 35-year-old Carmenetta Brown is wanted regarding a simple battery of the juvenile.
A New Orleans police news release says the boy was waiting at a bus stop last month. He told police he spotted Brown run up to him. Brown then reportedly punched the boy in the face.
Authorities say the victim called his mother while Brown continued to taunt him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
When asked for details on a possible motive or the circumstances leading up to the attack, police spokeswoman Ambria Washington said that information was not readily available as the victim is a juvenile and the investigation is ongoing.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com