CALLAWAY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida Panhandle woman is accused of killing her young child and stuffing the body in a suitcase.
Bay County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Ruth Corley said in a news release that the woman’s boyfriend went to a fire department Tuesday to report that 27-year-old Egypt Moneeck Robinson had killed her child. Fire officials contacted deputies.
As deputies arrived at the couple’s home, Robinson told them she had killed her baby. She was arrested and charged with murder.
Deputies found the suitcase floating in water behind the home. Corley says the child is believed to be about 3 and had likely been dead for more than a day. Police didn’t immediately say whether the child was a boy or girl or release a motive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- 'I should have gotten the damn vaccine,' woman says fiancé texted before he died of COVID-19
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Two travelers submitted fake vaccination cards before flying to Toronto. Each was fined nearly $16,000.
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
It’s not clear if Robinson has a lawyer.