GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi woman is accused of cutting a pacemaker out of her dead boyfriend’s chest and then stuffing his body in a trash can.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1kSNam4) that 63-year-old Christy Lee Zarrella had a preliminary hearing Wednesday on charges of tampering with evidence, failure to report a death and desecration of a corpse.
The paper says the decomposing remains of 87-year-old Edward A. Miller were found Oct. 22 in the backyard of a home Miller and Zarrella shared. Miller had been reported missing by a friend two weeks earlier.
Quoting a police affidavit, the newspaper reports that Zarrella told investigators Miller died of natural causes and she panicked and put his body in a trash can. The affidavit said some kind of tool was used to clip the wires off Miller’s pacemaker.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com