KENNER, La. (AP) — Authorities say an employee at a Louisiana elderly care center is accused of beating a 71-year-old patient.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune reports that 56-year-old Patricia McKee was booked on Friday for cruelty to the infirm.
An arrest report says she was taken into custody at the Waldon Health Care Center on Thursday.
McKee is accused of hitting the victim on the head several times with a hairbrush after she escorted him to the shower area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Authorities say the man suffered bleeding and other visible injuries. Officials at the Kenner elderly care center had not returned a telephone call requesting comment.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune did not report if McKee has a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com