KENNER, La. (AP) — Authorities say an employee at a Louisiana elderly care center is accused of beating a 71-year-old patient.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune reports that 56-year-old Patricia McKee was booked on Friday for cruelty to the infirm.
An arrest report says she was taken into custody at the Waldon Health Care Center on Thursday.
McKee is accused of hitting the victim on the head several times with a hairbrush after she escorted him to the shower area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Authorities say the man suffered bleeding and other visible injuries. Officials at the Kenner elderly care center had not returned a telephone call requesting comment.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune did not report if McKee has a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com