KENNER, La. (AP) — Authorities say an employee at a Louisiana elderly care center is accused of beating a 71-year-old patient.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune reports that 56-year-old Patricia McKee was booked on Friday for cruelty to the infirm.
An arrest report says she was taken into custody at the Waldon Health Care Center on Thursday.
McKee is accused of hitting the victim on the head several times with a hairbrush after she escorted him to the shower area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Biden hires strategist Symone Sanders, adds diversity to bid
- North Korea issued $2 million bill for comatose Otto Warmbier's care
- Biden enters Democratic race with strong anti-Trump theme VIEW
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
Authorities say the man suffered bleeding and other visible injuries. Officials at the Kenner elderly care center had not returned a telephone call requesting comment.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune did not report if McKee has a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com