KENNER, La. (AP) — Authorities say an employee at a Louisiana elderly care center is accused of beating a 71-year-old patient.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune reports that 56-year-old Patricia McKee was booked on Friday for cruelty to the infirm.
An arrest report says she was taken into custody at the Waldon Health Care Center on Thursday.
McKee is accused of hitting the victim on the head several times with a hairbrush after she escorted him to the shower area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Authorities say the man suffered bleeding and other visible injuries. Officials at the Kenner elderly care center had not returned a telephone call requesting comment.
Nola.com/ The Times-Picayune did not report if McKee has a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com