NEWPORT, Ore. (AP) — A 77-year-old woman was medically evacuated from a cruise ship in Oregon waters after suffering a stroke.
The U.S. Coast Guard said a crew airlifted the woman from the Grand Princess cruise ship Saturday morning about 55 miles southwest of Newport, Oregon.
The ship was traveling between Victoria, British Columbia and San Francisco.
The woman was taken to a Portland hospital by helicopter.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Those UFO videos are real, the Navy says, but please stop saying 'UFO'
- White House upgrade: First lady's done a lot with the place VIEW
- Chinese mom charged with paying $400,000 to have son admitted to UCLA as fake soccer player
- Jimmy Carter questions whether he could have handled the presidency at 80
There was no update on her condition.