DENHAM SPRING, La. (AP) — A 58-year-old woman has been found dead in a neighborhood pond.
Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Lori Steele tells The Advocate of Baton Rouge that Denham Springs resident Ltanya Grimes appears to have died Wednesday in an accidental drowning, and foul play is not suspected. Steele says it seems Grimes tripped while fishing in the pond and fell into the water.
She says deputies were alerted to the incident at about 4 p.m., but Grimes was dead when they arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump corrects his quote, says misspoke on Russian meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com