DENHAM SPRING, La. (AP) — A 58-year-old woman has been found dead in a neighborhood pond.
Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Lori Steele tells The Advocate of Baton Rouge that Denham Springs resident Ltanya Grimes appears to have died Wednesday in an accidental drowning, and foul play is not suspected. Steele says it seems Grimes tripped while fishing in the pond and fell into the water.
She says deputies were alerted to the incident at about 4 p.m., but Grimes was dead when they arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com