DENHAM SPRING, La. (AP) — A 58-year-old woman has been found dead in a neighborhood pond.
Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Lori Steele tells The Advocate of Baton Rouge that Denham Springs resident Ltanya Grimes appears to have died Wednesday in an accidental drowning, and foul play is not suspected. Steele says it seems Grimes tripped while fishing in the pond and fell into the water.
She says deputies were alerted to the incident at about 4 p.m., but Grimes was dead when they arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com