DENHAM SPRING, La. (AP) — A 58-year-old woman has been found dead in a neighborhood pond.
Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Lori Steele tells The Advocate of Baton Rouge that Denham Springs resident Ltanya Grimes appears to have died Wednesday in an accidental drowning, and foul play is not suspected. Steele says it seems Grimes tripped while fishing in the pond and fell into the water.
She says deputies were alerted to the incident at about 4 p.m., but Grimes was dead when they arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com