TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A crime scene investigator has testified that the younger of two brothers accused of fatally stabbing their parents and three siblings in their Oklahoma home denied killing anyone.
The Tulsa World reports that crime scene investigator Karen Weikel testified Monday in the trial of 19-year-old Michael Bever. Bever’s charged with five counts of first-degree murder and one count of assault and battery with intent to kill.
Weikel testified she was swabbing Bever’s hands for blood and taking a DNA sample when Bever denied the killings and claimed he tried to stop his older brother, 21-year-old Robert Bever, from slaughtering their family members.
Authorities say the brothers killed their parents, two younger brothers and 5-year-old sister in 2015. Robert Bever pleaded guilty in 2016 and was sentenced to life in prison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Tulsa World, http://www.tulsaworld.com