FORESTBURG, S.D. (AP) — A Wisconsin man survived being shot in the nose while pheasant-hunting in South Dakota.
South Dakota’s Department of Game, Fish and Parks says the 73-year-old man was shot in the left nostril by another hunter in his group on Sunday afternoon on private land near Forestburg.
The Daily Republic reports that the man was taken to a Mitchell hospital. He received stitches and was discharged that evening.
Authorities didn’t release the man’s name.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com