MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan is returning to Washington eight weeks after having triple bypass surgery.
The 53-year-old Democrat said Wednesday that he’s lost 15 pounds since the pre-emptive surgery. The congressman underwent the surgery in Madison after tests revealed he had severe blockage in three arteries. Pocan plans to fly back to Washington next week.
He says he began jogging on Wednesday as part of his rehabilitation program and feels “really good.” He initially went in for heart tests after feeling ill following a workout last fall.
Pocan is in his third term representing the southern Wisconsin district that includes Madison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- UPDATE: Throw out romaine lettuce from SW Arizona, CDC warns as E. coli spreads
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Verne Troyer, Mini-Me from ‘Austin Powers’ films, has died
- Sessions told White House that Rosenstein's firing could prompt his departure, too