MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan is returning to Washington eight weeks after having triple bypass surgery.
The 53-year-old Democrat said Wednesday that he’s lost 15 pounds since the pre-emptive surgery. The congressman underwent the surgery in Madison after tests revealed he had severe blockage in three arteries. Pocan plans to fly back to Washington next week.
He says he began jogging on Wednesday as part of his rehabilitation program and feels “really good.” He initially went in for heart tests after feeling ill following a workout last fall.
Pocan is in his third term representing the southern Wisconsin district that includes Madison.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW