OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A winter storm has Nebraska and parts of Iowa and Kansas in its crosshairs.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for most of Nebraska, starting Saturday evening in western Nebraska and continuing through Sunday night across much of the state. The service says up to a foot of snow could fall on Scottsbluff, Chadron and other western cities. The service says up to 8 inches of snow could hit central and northeastern parts of the state, as well as in northwestern Iowa on Sunday into Monday.
Other parts of Iowa and a section of Nebraska from north of Omaha to an area south of Hastings could see a wintry mix and freezing rain.
A winter storm warning has been issued for the northwest corner of Kansas, with an outer band extending to Garden City up through the north-central border included in a winter weather advisory.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW