OLIVE HILL, Ky. (AP) — Winter adventures await outdoor enthusiasts this month at Carter Caves State Resort Park in eastern Kentucky.
The Independent reports the Winter Adventure Weekend will offer 201 activities from Jan. 25 through Jan. 28, including hiking, paddling, rappelling, cave tours and zip lining.
Park naturalist Coy Ainsley says experienced guides, many of which are volunteers, will lead all activities over the four-day event.
Activities are available for various experience levels, from beginner to advanced. Participants must register to attend.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
New activities this year include mountain biking, a female only caving trip, a session on canoe camping and a workshop on cave photography.
Information from: The Independent, http://www.dailyindependent.com