OLIVE HILL, Ky. (AP) — Winter adventures await outdoor enthusiasts this month at Carter Caves State Resort Park in eastern Kentucky.
The Independent reports the Winter Adventure Weekend will offer 201 activities from Jan. 25 through Jan. 28, including hiking, paddling, rappelling, cave tours and zip lining.
Park naturalist Coy Ainsley says experienced guides, many of which are volunteers, will lead all activities over the four-day event.
Activities are available for various experience levels, from beginner to advanced. Participants must register to attend.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
New activities this year include mountain biking, a female only caving trip, a session on canoe camping and a workshop on cave photography.
Information from: The Independent, http://www.dailyindependent.com