WILLISTON, N.D. (AP) — Williston native Katie Olson is the new Miss North Dakota.
The North Dakota State University elementary education major won the crown over the weekend in Williston. She succeeds Fargo’s Lizzie Jensen.
Jensen assumed the crown when 2017 winner Cara Mund won the Miss America pageant last September. Mund was the first winner from North Dakota in the history of the nearly century-old scholarship pageant.
Olson will compete in this year’s Miss America pageant in the fall.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism