WILLISTON, N.D. (AP) — Williston native Katie Olson is the new Miss North Dakota.
The North Dakota State University elementary education major won the crown over the weekend in Williston. She succeeds Fargo’s Lizzie Jensen.
Jensen assumed the crown when 2017 winner Cara Mund won the Miss America pageant last September. Mund was the first winner from North Dakota in the history of the nearly century-old scholarship pageant.
Olson will compete in this year’s Miss America pageant in the fall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms; might they be the key to ending the pandemic?
- Portland protesters set fire to police union headquarters as tensions rise again VIEW
- How to clean your face mask to help prevent getting and spreading the coronavirus VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nine people test positive for coronavirus at Georgia school where photos of packed hallways went viral