PINETOP, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona Game and Fish Department officials say they’re investigating another poaching case.
They say two mule deer does were illegally killed late last month on a forest road south of Nelson Reservoir near Pinetop.
Authorities say one doe was taken from the field and the other was mostly left to waste.
Game and Fish officials say there was a lawful, open cow elk hunt going on at the time of the Dec. 23 poaching.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Investigators hope hunters and recreationists who were in the area may have information about the crime.
According to Game and Fish officials, callers may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000 in the case.
An additional $500 reward is being offered by the Mule Deer Foundation upon arrest and conviction of the poachers.