WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a manager of a Wichita wig store has shot a man as he attempted to rob the store.
Wichita police Lt. Ronald Hunt says the shooting happened Monday at Honie’s Wig & Beauty Supply. The Wichita Eagle reports that the manager fired two rounds. The would-be robber was struck in his chin and shoulder and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the wounded man appeared to be in his late 30s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com