WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a manager of a Wichita wig store has shot a man as he attempted to rob the store.
Wichita police Lt. Ronald Hunt says the shooting happened Monday at Honie’s Wig & Beauty Supply. The Wichita Eagle reports that the manager fired two rounds. The would-be robber was struck in his chin and shoulder and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the wounded man appeared to be in his late 30s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com