WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita police officer has been arrested on suspicion of official misconduct and stalking.
The Wichita Eagle reports the officer was arrested Friday by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office. The officer is a 21-year veteran of the department who has been placed on administrative leave.
The police department asked the sheriff’s office to investigate after questions arose about the officer’s actions. Details of the allegations were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The divide in Yakima is the divide in America VIEW
- Amid turmoil, Prince Andrew to step back from royal duties VIEW
- Trump press secretary faces backlash over claim that Obama aides left 'you will fail' notes
- Trump directed Ukraine quid pro quo, key witness says VIEW
- Stop! Don’t charge your phone this way
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com