WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita police officer has been arrested on suspicion of official misconduct and stalking.
The Wichita Eagle reports the officer was arrested Friday by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office. The officer is a 21-year veteran of the department who has been placed on administrative leave.
The police department asked the sheriff’s office to investigate after questions arose about the officer’s actions. Details of the allegations were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Down-ballot Democrats move to distance themselves from Sanders
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- YouTuber campaigns against 'climate alarmism,' drawing comparisons to Greta Thunberg
- Sanders on top: Key takeaways from the Nevada caucuses VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com