WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita police officer has been arrested on suspicion of official misconduct and stalking.
The Wichita Eagle reports the officer was arrested Friday by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office. The officer is a 21-year veteran of the department who has been placed on administrative leave.
The police department asked the sheriff’s office to investigate after questions arose about the officer’s actions. Details of the allegations were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized
- Who's the most galling, captivating character on our screens this summer? It's 'Karen' — and she's everywhere
- Coronavirus autopsies: A story of 38 brains, 87 lungs and 42 hearts
- Coronavirus' spread in GOP territory, explained in 6 charts VIEW
- COVID-19 cases mount at the ends of the Earth in Timbuktu VIEW
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com