WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita police officer has been arrested on suspicion of official misconduct and stalking.
The Wichita Eagle reports the officer was arrested Friday by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office. The officer is a 21-year veteran of the department who has been placed on administrative leave.
The police department asked the sheriff’s office to investigate after questions arose about the officer’s actions. Details of the allegations were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Is your mask good enough to face COVID's delta variant?
- Texas governor sends miles of cars along border to deter migrants
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- How the end of the international travel ban may affect your vacation — even for domestic trips
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com