WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita police officer has been arrested on suspicion of official misconduct and stalking.
The Wichita Eagle reports the officer was arrested Friday by the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s office. The officer is a 21-year veteran of the department who has been placed on administrative leave.
The police department asked the sheriff’s office to investigate after questions arose about the officer’s actions. Details of the allegations were not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Secret Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn draws thousands of guests, $15K fine
- Trump pardons Flynn despite guilty plea in Russia probe
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com