ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a western New York woman has been charged with stealing more than $1 million from the auto dealership where she worked.
Police in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park say 55-year-old Billie Becker of East Aurora is accused of embezzling the funds from Town Automotive, where she had worked since 2001, the last eight years as controller.
Officials say she had been stealing company funds since at least 2012.
Investigators say the business discovered the thefts after a credit card company called to inquire about a credit card it wasn’t aware of. Police say they believe Becker was using the credit card to pay personal accounts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
Becker was charged with grand larceny and released after posting $10,000 bail. It couldn’t be determined if she has a lawyer who could comment on the charges.