KENOVA, W.Va. (AP) — Police in West Virginia say a woman has been arrested on charges that she used another woman’s money for her own benefit.
Media outlets report Kenova police arrested 35-year-old Karry Ann Spears of Prichard on Saturday on five counts of embezzlement and two counts of issuing worthless checks.
A criminal complaint in Wayne County Magistrate Court says Spears had a previous financial relationship with a 72-year-old woman, whose family reported unusual bank transactions to police. An investigation found unauthorized local purchases and items that were bought online and shipped to other locations.
Spears is being held in the Western Regional Jail. Jail records didn’t indicate whether she has an attorney who can comment on the charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH