KENOVA, W.Va. (AP) — Police in West Virginia say a woman has been arrested on charges that she used another woman’s money for her own benefit.
Media outlets report Kenova police arrested 35-year-old Karry Ann Spears of Prichard on Saturday on five counts of embezzlement and two counts of issuing worthless checks.
A criminal complaint in Wayne County Magistrate Court says Spears had a previous financial relationship with a 72-year-old woman, whose family reported unusual bank transactions to police. An investigation found unauthorized local purchases and items that were bought online and shipped to other locations.
Spears is being held in the Western Regional Jail. Jail records didn’t indicate whether she has an attorney who can comment on the charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says