KENOVA, W.Va. (AP) — Police in West Virginia say a woman has been arrested on charges that she used another woman’s money for her own benefit.
Media outlets report Kenova police arrested 35-year-old Karry Ann Spears of Prichard on Saturday on five counts of embezzlement and two counts of issuing worthless checks.
A criminal complaint in Wayne County Magistrate Court says Spears had a previous financial relationship with a 72-year-old woman, whose family reported unusual bank transactions to police. An investigation found unauthorized local purchases and items that were bought online and shipped to other locations.
Spears is being held in the Western Regional Jail. Jail records didn’t indicate whether she has an attorney who can comment on the charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- District of Columbia houses homeless people in upscale apartments. It hasn't gone as planned.
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Opioid users call kratom a godsend. The FDA says it’s a menace.
- Florida teenager obsessed with Columbine takes her own life VIEW