MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia University is set to offer a few new majors.
The Exponent Telegram reported Tuesday that the university’s Board of Governors has approved the addition of several majors including public history and nurse anesthesia. University President E. Gordon Gee says the new majors show the school is trying to adapt to new issues and demands being seen across the country.
Melissa Bingmann is an associate professor and the director of public history for the school. She says the demand for public history is growing nationally. The board says people in the nurse anesthesia industry are aging out, with 20 percent expected to retire within the next seven years. The board also approved research and evaluation in educational psychology as a new major.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe
Information from: The Exponent Telegram, http://www.theet.com