CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia high school football coach who led his team to three state championships has pleaded guilty to felony charges in a child solicitation case.
Media outlets report 35-year-old Joshua Nicewarner pleaded guilty Wednesday to distribution of obscene matter to a minor and soliciting a minor by computer. He admitted engaging in discussions of a sexual nature with a 14-year-old girl and sending photos of himself in his underwear.
Last year Nicewarner resigned both his position as Bridgeport High School’s football coach and as a teacher at Liberty High School. He coached Bridgeport to Class AA football championships in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Nicewarner faces up to 15 years in prison. He’s scheduled for sentencing April 30 in Harrison County Circuit Court.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK