WHEELING, W.Va. (AP) — The new U.S. attorney for the Northern District of West Virginia has announced the leadership team of federal prosecutors and civil litigators, saying they bring more than a century of combined experience there.
Bill Powell, nominated by President Donald Trump, has a staff of 21 attorneys, 24 support staff and offices in Wheeling, Martinsburg, Clarksburg and Elkins.
They are responsible for prosecuting federal crimes including terrorism, public corruption, child exploitation, illegal guns and narcotics. The office also defends the federal government in civil suits.
Powell’s appointments include Randolph Bernard first assistant, Helen Campbell Altmeyer civil division chief and Paul Camilletti criminal division chief.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Bernard, a former FBI agent who joined the office in 2002, has been its criminal division chief.