MCKENZIE, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities say a boy has been killed by a lightning strike in western Tennessee.
WBBJ-TV reports that the Weakley County Sheriff’s Office issued a news release saying the 7-year-old boy was among a group of children who were playing by a tree that was hit by lightning on Monday in McKenzie.
A medical examiner has ruled the boy’s death an accident. His name was not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘Victoria’s Secret Karen’ video: Lawsuits show what viewers didn’t see
- FEMA plans to test national alert system on Oct. 4
- Human body found in the mouth of 14-foot Florida alligator
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- David Brooks and the $78 airport meal the internet is talking about
Information from: WBBJ-TV, http://www.wbbjtv.com