LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a West Memphis man has been sentenced to more than 17 years in prison on a weapons charge.
U.S. Attorney Cody Hiland says 45-year-old Marvin Meux was sentenced Thursday to 210 months in federal prison for illegally possessing a firearm. Prosecutors say that Meux is a gang member with multiple felony convictions.
Meux was arrested in October 2015, and authorities found an assault rifle and revolver.
Hiland says Meux was sentenced under the Armed Career Criminal Act, which calls for enhanced penalties if someone has previously been convicted of three or more violent offenses or serious drug offenses.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23