LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a West Memphis man has been sentenced to more than 17 years in prison on a weapons charge.
U.S. Attorney Cody Hiland says 45-year-old Marvin Meux was sentenced Thursday to 210 months in federal prison for illegally possessing a firearm. Prosecutors say that Meux is a gang member with multiple felony convictions.
Meux was arrested in October 2015, and authorities found an assault rifle and revolver.
Hiland says Meux was sentenced under the Armed Career Criminal Act, which calls for enhanced penalties if someone has previously been convicted of three or more violent offenses or serious drug offenses.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH