WEST FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A West Fargo grandmother was arrested Thanksgiving Day for allegedly harboring a runaway.
Police say the 53-year-old woman misled investigators while harboring her grandson’s 13-year-old girlfriend, who had run away from home Tuesday.
The Red River Child Abduction Response Team was activated, but a search became unnecessary Thursday when the grandmother said she would turn over the girl to authorities.
The woman was arrested on charges of giving false information, harboring a runaway and hindering an investigation. Formal charges were pending.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
The girl was unharmed.