NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein is due in court as a New York judge weighs his bid to have some or all of his sexual assault case thrown out.
A court spokesman says Judge James Burke will deliver a partial ruling on defense motions at Thursday’s hearing. The disgraced movie mogul’s next court date had been scheduled for Nov. 8.
Weinstein faces a six-count indictment covering allegations from three women. He has pleaded not guilty to rape and sexual assault.
His lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, has said prosecutors failed to inform the grand jury of evidence showing a friendly relationship between Weinstein and one accuser.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
He also asked the judge to dismiss an assault count because prosecutors didn’t pinpoint the date it happened.
Prosecutors say they’re investigating the circumstances of that charge and that the other counts should stand.