WINDHAM, Maine (AP) — The Maine Department of Transportation says a busy road in Windham may be shut down for days after a water main broke.
WGME-TV reports Windham’s Center Road was shut down after a water main break was discovered Wednesday morning. The Portland Water District says it predicts this section of the road could remain closed for as many as five days while repairs are ongoing.
A cause for the water main break has not been identified. No customers were without water despite the break.
Crews working on-site say they don’t expect to start fixing the break until Thursday night, and urge commuters to avoid the area until then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com