WINDHAM, Maine (AP) — The Maine Department of Transportation says a busy road in Windham may be shut down for days after a water main broke.
WGME-TV reports Windham’s Center Road was shut down after a water main break was discovered Wednesday morning. The Portland Water District says it predicts this section of the road could remain closed for as many as five days while repairs are ongoing.
A cause for the water main break has not been identified. No customers were without water despite the break.
Crews working on-site say they don’t expect to start fixing the break until Thursday night, and urge commuters to avoid the area until then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com