BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The days of unusually frigid weather in Louisiana have ruptured a water line to the library on Southern University’s main campus in Baton Rouge.
Though the campus will reopen for students on Friday, Southern officials announced that the burst of the “major water line” at the campus library has caused flooding in the building.
Students are being urged to avoid the area while maintenance crews determine how to remove the water and remediate the site.
The university said Thursday that it will announce a temporary location for library services.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood