BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The days of unusually frigid weather in Louisiana have ruptured a water line to the library on Southern University’s main campus in Baton Rouge.
Though the campus will reopen for students on Friday, Southern officials announced that the burst of the “major water line” at the campus library has caused flooding in the building.
Students are being urged to avoid the area while maintenance crews determine how to remove the water and remediate the site.
The university said Thursday that it will announce a temporary location for library services.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH