BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The days of unusually frigid weather in Louisiana have ruptured a water line to the library on Southern University’s main campus in Baton Rouge.
Though the campus will reopen for students on Friday, Southern officials announced that the burst of the “major water line” at the campus library has caused flooding in the building.
Students are being urged to avoid the area while maintenance crews determine how to remove the water and remediate the site.
The university said Thursday that it will announce a temporary location for library services.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Norwegians spot Viking ship buried in the ground
- Dutch art sleuth recovers Picasso stolen 20 years ago
- 'Total bombshell': Trump administration seeking full repeal of Obamacare
- Key take-aways from special counsel Robert Mueller’s report
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers