BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The days of unusually frigid weather in Louisiana have ruptured a water line to the library on Southern University’s main campus in Baton Rouge.
Though the campus will reopen for students on Friday, Southern officials announced that the burst of the “major water line” at the campus library has caused flooding in the building.
Students are being urged to avoid the area while maintenance crews determine how to remove the water and remediate the site.
The university said Thursday that it will announce a temporary location for library services.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Perversion of Justice: Cops worked to put serial sex abuser in prison. Prosecutors worked to cut him a break VIEW