WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — A Wasilla woman suspected of trying to pass bogus $20 bills is being held on suspicion of forgery and criminal trespass.
Alaska State Troopers say 37-year-old Mandy Edelen is jailed at Mat-Su Pre-trial Facility.
Troopers early Monday night took a report of a woman at a Parks Highway gas station convenience store attempting to buy $16 in items with a fake $20 bill.
Troopers say they found a second fake $20 bill in her pocket.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Online court documents do not list her attorney.