PALMER, Alaska (AP) — A Wasilla teenager died after his canoe flipped in a lake outside Palmer.
Alaska State Troopers say the body of 19-year-old Bryce Adams was recovered shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Troopers just before 2 a.m. took a call that a man was screaming for help on an island in Finger Lake.
Responding troopers learned a canoe carrying two people had capsized.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- DeSantis, once a ‘no’ on storm aid, petitions a president he’s bashed
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
One boater swam to the island and the second disappeared.
Emergency responders launched an unsuccessful search.
Troopers say neither boater wore a life jacket and alcohol may have been a factor in the capsizing.