PALMER, Alaska (AP) — A Wasilla teenager died after his canoe flipped in a lake outside Palmer.
Alaska State Troopers say the body of 19-year-old Bryce Adams was recovered shortly before 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Troopers just before 2 a.m. took a call that a man was screaming for help on an island in Finger Lake.
Responding troopers learned a canoe carrying two people had capsized.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die' kills 33 at Japan anime studio VIEW
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- House votes to kill Trump impeachment resolution
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland
One boater swam to the island and the second disappeared.
Emergency responders launched an unsuccessful search.
Troopers say neither boater wore a life jacket and alcohol may have been a factor in the capsizing.