WARWICK, N.D. (AP) — Warwick Public Schools suspended three basketball coaches and disciplined some students amid an investigation into a possible sexual assault involving students.
WDAZ-TV and KVLY-TV report that the incident allegedly occurred Jan. 5 when the boys basketball team traveled to Bismarck. Some students allegedly left their hotel after an 11:30 p.m. bed check and engaged in inappropriate behavior.
Bismarck police confirm they’re investigating a reported sexual assault on Jan. 5, but it’s not clear if it’s related to the alleged incident. No criminal charges have been filed.
Warwick Superintendent Dean Dauphinais says the coaches were suspended for a few games for failing to properly supervise students. He says the students allegedly involved also have been disciplined but he declined to elaborate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW