BOSTON (AP) — Sen. Elizabeth Warren says if President Donald Trump’s cabinet thinks he is unfit for office, they should remove him.
The Massachusetts Democrat made the comments in a fundraising email Thursday.
Warren points to an anonymous senior official who wrote a New York Times opinion piece claiming to be part of a “resistance” working “from within” to thwart Trump’s most dangerous impulses.
Warren says if senior officials believe the president is unfit, “they should stop hiding behind anonymous op-eds and leaking information to Bob Woodward” and “do what the Constitution demands they do: invoke the 25th Amendment and remove this president from office.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
The 25th Amendment allows the vice president to take over if the commander in chief is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”