TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — An arrest warrant has been issued for a man in Florida who flashed a gun while trying to prevent four students from getting on an elevator with him at an apartment building.
The Tallahassee Democrat reports that the Tallahassee Police Department last Friday issued the warrant for Don Crandall for improper exhibition of a firearm.
Crandall, who is white, was videotaped trying to stop a group of mostly-African American young men from entering an elevator at the building, claiming they didn’t belong in the building without a key. The men were students at Florida A&M University.
After the video went viral, Crandall was fired from his job as a hotel manager.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- The best way to avoid the scary new coronavirus? Wash your hands
- Sanders is briefed by U.S. officials that Russia is trying to help his presidential campaign
- Fact-checking the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- Case of missing Idaho children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
Information from: Tallahassee (Fla.) Democrat, http://www.tdo.com