CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — The deadline to register to vote in next month’s primary election in West Virginia has arrived.
Tuesday is the last day for state residents to register if they want to vote on May 8.
Residents can register in person at their county clerk’s offices, the secretary of state’s office, the Division of Motor Vehicles, public assistance offices, agencies serving disabled people, marriage license offices and military recruiting agencies.
Mailed applications can be sent to the county clerk or the secretary of state’s office.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line
Early voting begins April 25 and runs until May 5. Early voting hours and locations are determined by county clerk’s offices.