GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Virginia woman has died after a deer hit a car she was riding in on a South Carolina highway.
News outlets report the Arlington woman was a passenger inside a 2006 Honda that was hit when the deer jumped over a median barrier on Interstate 85.
Joe Hovis with the South Carolina Highway Patrol says the crash happened Monday morning in Greenville County.
County Coroner Kent Dill tells WYFF-TV that 68-year-old Anne Viviani died at the scene. The car’s driver was not injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Justice Department releases secret surveillance documents of ex-Trump aide
All lanes were temporarily blocked following the crash.
Information from: WYFF-TV, http://www.wyff4.com/index.html