GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Virginia woman has died after a deer hit a car she was riding in on a South Carolina highway.
News outlets report the Arlington woman was a passenger inside a 2006 Honda that was hit when the deer jumped over a median barrier on Interstate 85.
Joe Hovis with the South Carolina Highway Patrol says the crash happened Monday morning in Greenville County.
County Coroner Kent Dill tells WYFF-TV that 68-year-old Anne Viviani died at the scene. The car’s driver was not injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
All lanes were temporarily blocked following the crash.
Information from: WYFF-TV, http://www.wyff4.com/index.html